Sales, marketing, branding, product development–these are all important aspects to running a business. But they might not mean anything in the end if you don’t have a personalized customer service strategy that places the customer at the center of the experience.
If you’ve just opened a Shopify Plus store or are looking for ways to reinvigorate your business, one of the most important steps you should be considering is providing Shopify Plus basic training for customer service skills and strategies.
Whether you’re working with a new-hire or want to re-instill the values that turn customer service agents into customer service heroes, providing some Shopify Plus basic training will go a long way to ensuring your success.
Why Shopify Plus Customer Service Training is Important
69% of Americans said that they would recommend a company to a friend after a positive customer experience. Often, it’s not just about what services or products you’re providing, it’s how you’re interacting with your customers on a human level.
Another study found that 50% of US customers have abandoned a purchase after receiving poor customer service.
Numerous statistics, studies, surveys, and polling like the ones above have shown, time and time again, the importance of human-centered customer service approaches that see their customers as people, not tickets.
Shopify Plus New-Hire Training
A lot of what will make or break your customer service efficacy will come with new-hire training. This is where you instill those human-centered values and instruct your new employee on the company culture from the ground up.
New-hire training should involve, among other things, the following:
- Team Culture: Antiquating your new hire with your team will be one of the first steps in the training process. You could set aside some time for a team lunch or event that allows your new hire to be introduced to the rest of the team.
- Establish Expectations: Not all customer service teams out there focus on the human aspect of customer service or utilize the kind of technology that allows them to be an efficient and understanding agent. Ingraining some of these expectations early on will make for a much lower learning curve in the future.
- Technology and Solutions: Your customer service software is a tool that helps you get closer to your customers and improve the overall customer service experience for both sides. Understanding how to utilize those tools will ensure the growth of your new hires.
- Product/Service Knowledge: Your customer service members have to know as much about the products or services you’re selling as the sales people do. Customer service agents are often met with specific questions on products or services, so integrating training on what is being sold should be a part of any new-hire training module.
Shopify Plus Basic Training with Scripts
Scripts are a simple, useful, and effective way to provide a number of things for your customer service team.
First off, they’re great for new hires. Being able to see how a conversation might go is an excellent way for new team members to prepare for the real thing.
They also simply great resources to have on-hand for whenever a customer service member might need them. They’re good reminders of what agents learned during training, and they provide both support and confidence to your members by being readily available at all times.
Join fast-growing Shopify brands with a free 14 day Gladly trial.
Shopify Plus Basic Training Technology and Solutions
Like with so many other industries and departments, the advent of technology, machine-learning, and other solutions have provided businesses with a lot of ways to simplify and streamline otherwise tedious processes.
For customer service teams, advanced customer service software has completely changed the way we interact with customers. Cutting edge customer service technology and solutions should have:
- Lifelong conversation threads that allow agents to know why the customer might be calling before they say hello. They can refer to a customer’s previous conversation with your team and pick up right where they left off.
- All-in-one channel solutions. Customer service teams can now do away with endless bolt-ons and plugins by integrating all channels into one easy-to-use dashboard.
- A comprehensive purchase history that will allow your agents to be prepared for the conversation before the point of contact.
- Powerful insights and metric formatting capabilities that allow customer service teams to learn about what’s working and what isn’t.
- Customer profiles that provide customer service members with insights into who the person is and why they might be calling. This will allow you to know and understand your customer’s needs within seconds of the conversation.
Shopify Plus basic training isn’t just about getting your customer service team ready to do their job. It’s about securing the business you’ve worked so hard to build by ensuring your customers have the most positive experiences with your company.