Everyone wants to know what happens at the end of a movie, and no one likes a spoiler. But when it comes to customer service, agents are often left without experiencing the end of their “movie” (customer issue), and they don’t even know what happens by the time the issue is resolved.
A big part of this problem is in customer tracking.
One of the most important pieces of information that we learned in our customer expectations report is that most customers, more than 85%, want to move seamlessly between channels.
The challenge with this is that the more you move between different channels and agents, the longer it takes to process the issue and for new agents to become privy to the particular customer’s case and questions.
In the end, you’re left with a customer who’s had to bounce around between agents and repeatedly explain their issue to representatives who don’t see their case to the end.
Fortunately, Gladly solves this problem with our seamless omnichannel support technology and intelligent customer tracking features.
What is issue tracking?
Issue tracking refers to software or organizational tools that help companies automate and manage processes from end-to-end with efficiency. It is often considered part of information technology services management, but is equally as valuable to customer service
Robust tracking software, like Gladly, unifies your channels and communication lines so that every issue, question, and interaction is tracked and made available on a single, easy to read platform. All agents across all communication channels have access to the conversation and details of an issue, so they’re all well aware of a customer’s issue before they’ve said hello.
Additionally, tracking software will provide you with valuable information like how items are passed between departments, how quickly issues are managed, and the step-by-step process in which issues are relegated to specific departments or agents.
Finally, solutions will analyze the information to give valuable feedback on how efficient or inefficient your processes are.
Why issue tracking is important for customer service
There are a lot of reasons why you need issue tracking capabilities if you’re going to connect with customers in a hassle-free manner. Issue tracking ensures seamless, smooth, and easy-to-manage issue relegation processes that allow you to streamline the various steps of changing support channels and agents.
Here are a few other reasons why issue tracking is important and ways you can connect with customers more seamlessly.
- Contextualizes omnichannel support
- Omnichannel support provides a single, life-long conversation tracking page across all channels. That means customers don’t have to repeat themselves over and over to each new agent they come across
- Issue tracking software can also “tag” queries to get to the proper place quicker, cutting down on AHT.
- Issue tracking software will also allow for more customization, including a natively-built and fully customizable IVR support tool.
- Issue tracking solutions will automate notifications regarding any activities being executed by tagged teams, allowing them to know what’s going on and keep their customers informed.
- Proactive support
- Issue tracking also allows you bolster your proactive support strategies. When you can track inquiries easier and analyze your issues more thoroughly, you can start learning a lot more about what kinds of questions and concerns your customers are having.
- You can use this data and information to create more optimized FAQs, video tutorials, and webinars.
- Prioritize what other departments are working on
- You can utilize the information you gain from your issue tracking software in order to hone your marketing and sales strategies.
Keep in mind that while all of these benefits give customers what they want, they’re also a huge help to your agents. When your customer service representatives know exactly what’s going with a customer issue, they’ll be better prepared to handle the customers’ questions and understand their needs.
Gladly’s seamless, omnichannel customer tracking features
Gladly has created a platform that automates and simplifies the issue tracking process. Whether you’re switching from phone to chat or email to SMS, Gladly creates a conversation timeline that tracks all conversation history across all channels.
Gladly’s platform guarantees more context, less repetition, quicker responses, and a radically personal touch to customer service. Understand your customers and empower your agents with Gladly today.