The first few days for a new call center agent can feel pretty overwhelming—from learning to juggle multiple platforms and systems, to familiarizing themselves with shipping and return policies, there’s a lot that they have to learn before they can even begin to help your customers.
That’s why it’s important when onboarding new call center agents to ensure that they’re well and truly ready before they’re allowed to speak to your customers.,
Use the call center training quiz below test whether your new agents have truly internalized the training they’ve been through and ensure that they know how to respond to your customers and provide them with the best customer experience.
About This Call Center Training Quiz
It’d be near impossible to create a call center training quiz to fit your unique circumstances. We recommend using this call center training quiz as a template that you too can customize to fit your industry and include the common questions or concerns that you may hear from your customers.
Call Center Training Quizzes
- Basic Call Center Quiz Questions
- Call Center Quiz Questions for Angry or Upset Customers
- Call Center Quiz Questions for Current and Previous Customer
Basic Call Center Quiz Questions
Your call center agents are eager to get up and running, but before they do, you need to make sure they’re ready for the big show. Use these basic call center quiz questions to act out real-life scenarios that they’ll encounter on the job.
- How do you greet a shopper when they call in?
- Once you resolve a customer’s issue, what is the next thing you should do?
- When a shopper has an inquiry, what is the first thing you should do?
- What are the first questions you should ask a customer?
- If a customer is swearing or becoming aggressive with you on the phone, what should you do?
- How do you determine whether to route a customer to another department or handle them yourself?
- What do you say to the shopper if you do not know the answer to their question?
- Who is the internal subject matter expert for technical questions?
- Who is the internal subject matter expert for shipping or production questions?
- What do you do if a customer accidentally hangs up or is disconnected?
Call Center Quiz Questions for Dealing with Upset or Angry Customers
Customers will frequently call in with issues or frustrations. It’s up to you to prepare your team to communicate through every one of those call scenarios. As you quiz your agents, make sure that they take to heart being empathetic to the customers’ frustrations, and help ease their emotional responses. Putting the shopper at ease will go a long way to recovering the relationship and reinforce a positive brand image.
- When a customer calls in already upset or frustrated, and demands to speak with a manager immediately, what is the best course of action?
- What do you do when a customer calls to ask about a sold-out item?
- When escalating a call to a supervisor, manager, or specialist, what steps should you take to alert them and make them aware of the customer’s issue?
- When a customer becomes abusive during the call, what actions should you take?
- If a customer is unhappy with the item they received, what steps do you take to resolve the situation?
- If a customer calls in because their product has not arrived, how do you handle this?
Call Center Quiz Questions About Existing Customers and Accounts
- How do you access vital customer information such as their past purchases or account information?
- A customer calls in asking for help accessing their account. How would you talk them through this?
- A customer wants you to process a purchase for them over the phone. What steps do you need to take before processing that transaction?
- What’s the scoring criteria to determine which customers are best to upsell or cross sell?
- If a customer calls in having an issue with [insert unique problem to your business], what do you do?
- If a customer has been billed accidentally, what process do you take to resolve that issue?
Final Thoughts: Call Center Quiz
Ensuring that your call center agents are properly trained and know how to respond to customers and potential customers is critical for the success of your company. However, training is just part of the solution. To give your customers the best experience, make sure to implement tools that put them in the heart of every conversation.
Gladly is a radically personal customer service platform. Unlike legacy customer service platforms that are case centric, only Gladly is designed with people at the center and uniquely enables a single lifelong customer conversation from voice to modern messaging. Gladly powers some of the most innovative consumer companies like JetBlue, JOANN, and TUMI to deliver exceptional customer experiences and makes customer service a competitive advantage.