When it comes to communicating with your customers, there’s no one-size-fits-all approach.
A complicated issue, for example, may be best explained by an agent over the phone. On the other hand, an email might be the way to go to replace an instruction manual your customer misplaced.
And when the information you want to relay is straightforward and doesn’t necessarily require a response—like notifying your customer of their upcoming delivery time—it may in fact make the most sense not to have an agent involved at all.
Say Hello to Proactive Conversations
We’re excited to announce that you can now proactively communicate with your customers over the phone, in bulk, with relevant and personalized messages.
Imagine no longer having to manually call your customers to let them know when to expect their delivery, or inform them of a delay in their shipment—much like your trusty Instapot, Proactive Conversations lets you ‘set-and-forget’ your outreach efforts, netting you some really great benefits:
- Increase agent productivity. Freeing up your agents from having to manually reach out to customers means they can focus on the day-to-day task of helping your customers instead. One of our own customers was able to free up 25 of their own agents by leveraging proactive outreach for their delivery notifications.
- Reduce customer effort. By proactively reaching out to your customers first, you save them the effort of having to reach out to you. Plus, automated communications means they skip the formalities that come with talking to a human, and get straight to the information they need.
- Cut through the noise. Your customers’ inboxes are a busy place, making your emails easy to miss. Cut through the noise by reaching out to your customers over the phone or text instead.
How Does Proactive Conversations Work?
To start, we’re launching Proactive Conversations through Voice. Here’s a preview of how you can set up your own proactive outreach efforts.
First, you’ll Create a campaign in Gladly with a recording of the message you want your customers to hear when they pick up. For example, it can be something like: “Hi Shelby, your new couch will be delivered on Saturday, August 2nd between 12-6pm. Press 2 to speak to an agent if you need to reschedule.”
Next, Schedule when you want your customers to receive your calls (eg. you might want your calls to only be made during business hours) and when you want the automated calls to start.
This is especially helpful if you have a large list of customers to reach because it means you can spread out the calls over a period of days rather than all at once. That way, if all the customers on your list decide they need to speak with an agent, your contact center isn’t inundated with 1,000 calls, all at once.
Finally, you can Review and Manage your campaign as it progresses. From the Campaign page you’ll be able to see how many calls have already been made, cancel the calls to a particular list, or even delete a campaign you no longer need.
How You Can Use Proactive Conversations
When it comes to using Proactive Conversations, the world is your oyster. But here are a few examples to get you started:
- Delivery Reminders. Imagine you’re having a killer Black Friday sale, and you sell 5,000 leather couches in a single day. Rather than having your agents manually call each customer to let them know about their delivery date and time, you can leverage Proactive Conversations to do the calling for you.
- Shipping Delays. Delays happen. Get ahead of it and manage your customers’ expectations by proactively reaching out to let them know what happened, and when they can expect their item to arrive.
- Targeted Promotions. Got a limited-edition line of sneakers coming in? Have your superfans join a waitlist, and use Proactive Conversations to let them know the day before it drops.
- Employee Notifications. You can also use Proactive Conversations to relay important information to your own employees, like a store being closed due to bad weather.
Go the Extra Mile, Without Going the Extra Mile
Reaching out to your customers before they reach out to you is a quick way to improve engagement and build brand loyalty.
But most importantly, it leaves your agents free to do what they do best: connect with your customers.
We’ve only scratched the surface when it comes to Proactive Conversations—be sure to subscribe to our blog to stay up to date on the latest developments.
And while you’re here, be sure to check out our demo to see how we help companies reduce effort, increase efficiency, and save up to 50% in license fees.