Ready to see what radically personal customer service looks like? Sign up for a free demo with Gladly today.
Thanks to its colossal ecosystem of partners, resources, and 7,000-plus apps, Shopify is one of the best platforms for ecommerce brands that want to grow. No matter your industry, target customer, or business size, creating a strong marketing and CX tech stack made up of comprehensive and powerful Shopify apps is the key to attracting, engaging, converting, and retaining customers.
But where do you begin? Which are the best Shopify apps for ecommerce? How can you leverage all that Shopify offers to make your brand stand out from the crowd?
In order to choose the best Shopify apps for an ecommerce business, you first need to know the specific qualities and features to look for. Here is everything you need to know about those features, as well as five of the best Shopify apps for ecommerce businesses who want to scale their growth.
Choosing the Best Shopify Apps for Ecommerce
Having the right integrations can make a huge difference when it comes to building your Shopify brand, which is why you should do your due diligence when browsing through the Shopify App Store.
When it comes to selecting the best Shopify apps for ecommerce, keep these questions in mind:
- What features do they offer? Do they overlap with other apps in your stack?
- Are they a Shopify Plus Certified App Partner? (Apps belonging to this program are vetted by Shopify and recognized for having high-quality products, services, performance, privacy, and support.)
- Do they require a one-off payment or a monthly subscription? How much does it cost?
- Do they offer a free trial or base plan?
- What type of customer service do they provide?
- Do they integrate with your other apps and channels? Does implementation require custom coding?
- What is their average star rating by Shopify brands? Do they have case studies from reputable companies on their website?
Best Apps to Build Your Shopify Tech Stack
To successfully drive growth for your Shopify brand, here are some of the best Shopify ecommerce apps that we recommend. (The best part? They’re all Shopify Plus Certified App Partners.)
- Multi-channel customer service: Gladly
- Cross-channel marketing and advertising: AdRoll
- Reviews, UGC, and rewards: Yotpo
- Pop-ups and displays: Privy
- Ambassador and affiliate marketing: Refersion
Features for Unlocking More Revenue and Customer Loyalty
Beyond adding new integrations, level up your Shopify store by leveraging the advanced capabilities of your existing apps. Gladly offers a deep integration with Shopify that empowers customer service representatives to provide better support without leaving the app.
Join fast-growing Shopify brands with a free 14-day Gladly trial.
If you’re a Shopify brand using Gladly, here are some advanced features to check out:
- Personalized Self-Service, embedded on your site, quickly recognizes and authenticates customers to streamline manual tasks (e.g., checking order status or requesting a refund) and boost operational efficiency.
- People Match leverages customer information like Shopify data (e.g., spending history and VIP status) to pair customers with support representatives best equipped to help them in real-time. Customers are also routed based on how they’re feeling (e.g., their CSAT score), what their issue is (e.g., a severe delivery delay warrants more urgency), and how strong their purchase intent is (e.g., if they recently added a high-value product to their cart).
- Insight Builder helps customer experience managers and analysts build custom reports and dashboards. It’s the key to uncovering meaningful insights from the wealth of metrics and data that brands collect, empowering the team to design meaningful strategies to improve the customer experience.
Equipped with these best practices and insights, you’ll power up your Shopify brand in no time. For more on how to unlock tremendous growth with Shopify apps, check out a recent webinar that Gladly participated in with AdRoll, Yotpo, Privy, and Refersion.