Ready to see what radically personal customer service looks like? Sign up for a free demo with Gladly today.
An account coordinator, also known as a customer success coordinator, is a multifaceted role that falls somewhere between sales and customer service.
Account coordinators are responsible for working closely with clients, both existing and potential, in order to meet their needs and provide excellent customer service. Account coordinators take on a proactive approach to customer service to ensure their clients are satisfied with your goods and services.
Account coordinators are also expected to work closely with their sales and marketing teams – being so close with customers and clients offers account coordinators valuable information that can be utilized to bolster other departments and strategies.
Below is everything you need to know on how to put together an optimal account coordinator job description.
Find mentorship opportunities, free courses & more in Gladly Connect.
Typical account coordinator and customer service advisor tasks
It’s important to establish a clearly defined set of tasks for your account coordinator job descriptions. While duties and tasks will vary depending on the organization and role, the following list covers the typical tasks required of an account coordinator.
- Work closely with both potential and existing clients to meet needs on goods and services
- Account coordinators are responsible for maintaining excellent customer satisfaction
- Generate new sales and accounts
- Follow up on sales leads
- Handle customer complaints
- Demonstrate products and services through presentations
- Provide support to account executives
- Meet with other departments, like sales and marketing, and contribute to strategic decision-making
- Establish and achieve sales goals for assigned accounts
- Travel to industry-related shows and product-related events
- Update client databases and maintain client information
- Communicate with clients about new offers, deals, products, and services
Successful account coordinators need to be proactive, positive, genial, and passionate about their company’s vision. Utilizing a thorough list, like the one above, to define the tasks of your applicants will help attract quality candidates who understand the extent of the role.
Account coordinator qualifications
On top of a complete list of account coordinator tasks, you need a qualification list that reflects the quality of candidates you aim to hire. Creating a thorough list of qualifications will ensure you’re attracting the highest quality applicants.
- Minimum high school degree or equivalent and strongly preferred Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- 2+ years experience in sales, customer service, marketing, account management, or related field
- Proficiency in MS office and strong computer skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must have excellent communication skills, soft skills, and positive attitude when working with customers
- Works well with others in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrates excellent presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills
Account coordinators help the people around them achieve success. From advising their administrative teams to working closely with clients, account coordinators are the bridge between customer service and sales that is necessary for the efficacy of any growing business.
You can utilize this job description example as a template to find your next great account coordinator.
Experience the platform as a Gladly support hero with a guided tour
Gladly is a customer service platform for digitally-focused B2C companies who want to maximize the lifetime value of their customers. Unlike the legacy approach to customer service software, which is designed around a ticket or case to enable workflows, Gladly enables radically personal customer service centered around people to sustain customer loyalty and drive more revenue.
The world’s most innovative consumer companies like Godiva, JOANN, and TUMI use Gladly to create lasting customer relationships, not one-off experiences.