What’s the first aspect of a call center conversation that comes to mind when thinking about an excellent call center customer experience? Is it the greeting? Well, it should be. A friendly and informative salutation from a customer service representative or automated message helps set the tone for a great customer interaction, providing both customer and rep with a more enjoyable experience.
[Read more: Call Center Software]
Why is a Call Center Greeting Important
A fun and unique greeting at the beginning of a customer conversation is the first opportunity to express your company’s brand. Additionally, it is the first step in excellent call center customer service, and lets your caller know they’ve come to the right place.
Call center greetings which move away from the generic also provide a more personal experience, and help to humanize the service representative, and the company at large. Customers are more liable to feel that their needs are being uniquely attended to.
A great call center greeting should:
Confirm the organization. Affirm to your customer that they’ve reached the correct call center.
Confirm the department. “Hello! Welcome to Company X’s Sales and Returns Department.”
Give the representative’s name. Let the customer know that they’re being served by a real person, and not an impersonal automated system.
Ask a question. “How are you doing today?” “How may I direct your call?” “What can I do for you?” Whatever question you ask, it should let your caller know that you care, and are there for them.
A humorous and creative voicemail or wait message can also take the sting away from a wait or missed call, and will again bolster a customer experience.
Call Center Greetings
In this section you’ll find some of our favorite wait message, missed call, and call center greeting phrases.
Call Center Greetings For Person-to-Person
- Good morning! And thank you for calling Company X. We’re as happy as a bee on a flower to receive your call. How can we help you out today?
- Hello and welcome to Company X’s customer service representative desk. My name is John Doe, and I’ll be your personal guide on today’s journey. How may I assist you?
- Welcome to Company X’s sales and returns department, where revolutionary customer service always takes precedent. My name’s Jane Doe, how can I change your world today?
- This is John Doe speaking on behalf of the Company X customer satisfaction department. I am excited to answer any questions or comments you might have today. How can I be of assistance?
Call Center Greetings For Waiting
- Thank you for calling Company X. All of our customer service representatives are assisting other callers. While you wait, please enjoy the smooth sound of Miles Davis’ Kind of Blue.
- We appreciate your call to Company X’s customer service department. All of our representatives are currently unavailable. Your wait time is approximately 5 minutes. Thank you for holding.
- We apologize for the wait. You are number seven in line, and the first six are all hungry tigers. We’ll throw them a steak and get back to you as soon as they leave. Thank you for your patience.
- Thank you for calling Company X. Your call is important to us. All of our customer representatives are currently chasing an escaped pig around the office, and one will be on the line momentarily. We appreciate your continued patience.
Call Center Greetings For Missed Calls
- Thank you for reaching out to Company X’s customer service line. Our active hours are Monday through Saturday, between 8 AM and 5 PM. If your request is urgent, please contact our emergency line. For all other inquiries, please call back during our regular business hours. We look forward to chatting with you.
- We appreciate your call to Company X’s sales and returns department, and apologize for missing you. Please call back during our normal business hours, or send a raven to the King of the North with your inquiry attached. Thank you.
- Company X prides itself on customer satisfaction. We are sorry to have missed your call. We are currently out revolutionizing industry standards of customer service. To join the movement, please call back during normal business hours.
- Thank you for calling Company X. We are unable to take your call at this time. Please call back during normal business hours, or leave a message after the beep. Thanks!
Call Center Greetings For Other Needs
- Thank you for calling Company X’s customer service line. We can’t wait to take your call. For English, press 1. For Spanish, press 2. For Parseltongue, press 3.
- Thank you for answering all those prompts. One last question: who would win in a fight between a unicorn and a narwhal? Press 1 for unicorn, 2 for narwhal.
- We appreciate your call to Company X’s product call center. If you are calling to process a return on a recently purchased 23rd century starship, please press 1701. For all other inquiries, please stay on the line.
- Thank you for reaching out to company X. Your call is important to us. For business hours, please press 1. For directions, please press 2. For all other inquiries, please press 3.